Homework is an essential part of our school program:
- it is based on lessons taught in class.
- students should be able to complete the homework with minimal assistance.
- younger students will need assistance with reading.
- assignments may be written work, including projects and reading,
including studying material taught in class.
- all children need to read something of their choice every day!
Homework is assigned for several reasons:
- to reinforce skills taught in class
- to complete work not done in class
- to commit to memory ideas or concepts
- to work on an assigned project over a period of time
- to allow time to collect information
- to develop regular and independent work habits
- to develop responsibility
Homework is assigned to children in Grades 1 to 6 on a regular basis:
- Grades 1 and 2: to a maximum of 30 minutes
- Grades 3 and 4: to a maximum of 45 minutes
- Grades 5 and 6: to a maximum of 60 minutes
A Student's homework responsibilities are:
- to list homework assignments in the school agenda
- to bring home all the materials needed to do the homework properly
- to use the appropriate exercise books and stencils
- to do all the written work neatly and carefully
- to consider study work as important as written work
- to seek help if needed
- to return the assigned work to school on time