Bussing & Transportation
Only students who are eligible for transportation may ride the school bus. For information on eligibility for school bus transportation please visit the EMSB website.
Students eligible for transportation are given a bus pass that they must carry with them at all times. They may only travel on the bus that they are assigned. Busses pick up and drop off students only at their assigned stop. Safe behaviour on or around the school busses must be a priority for students. Please discuss the following operational and safety rules with your child:
Please note: All Pre-K, K and Grade 1 students must be met at the bus stop by an adult when returning home. If no one is at the stop, the bus driver will return the student to the school and a parent/guardian will notified to pick up the child.
Bus Safety Rules
- Be on time (10 minutes before scheduled bus arrival).
- Carry a bus pass at all times.
- Remain seated on the bus.
- Keep your hands and feet to yourself.
- Respect the authority of the bus driver.
- Keep your voice down (inside voices only).
- Keep windows closed unless the bus driver gives permission to open them.
- Keep your head and arms inside the bus.
- Do not throw things out the window.
- Rudeness and anti-social behaviour are not acceptable.
- Respect all private property.
- There is no eating or drinking on the bus.
- Students should carry a schoolbag and a lunch container. No large objects are allowed.
- Bus reports are given out when a student breaks the bus safety rules. Generally a bus driver will give several verbal warnings to students before issuing a report.
- First Report: Written warning, parents are contacted
- Second Report: Possible suspension from the bus (up to 3 days)
- Third Report: Suspension from the bus (up to 5 days)
- Fourth Report: Extended suspension for reasons of safety and security
The school may suspend students from the bus at any time, even if it is only their first report. Inappropriate behaviour can result in a student losing the privilege of using the bus altogether. When a child is suspended from the bus, it is the parent’s / guardian’s responsibility to get him / her safely to and from school. Students are not to stay home from school because transportation is not provided.
- Students are to leave the school grounds immediately after school ends.
- Children are not to cross the road between the busses.
- Students who bike to school are expected to wear a helmet and must walk their bike when on school property.
- Skateboards, scooters and rollerblades are not to be brought to school.