The Westmount Park Way
The Westmount Park way:
- Talk it out. Don’t fight.
- Talk respectfully. Don’t use nasty names or words.
- Share the space. You must not say that someone can’t play.
- Be nice. Don’t spread rumors.
We ask students to make a commitment to the following:
- I respect myself and act in a way which shows that I always try to do my best.
- I respect others and act in a way which shows that I care about their feelings.
- I respect my environment and act in a way which shows that I am proud of my school.
- I know and understand the rules and regulations.
Because I respect myself, others and the school:
- I always walk in the building.
- I always use my inside voice inside..
- I always speak politely.
- I always answer politely.
- I always pay attention to safety.
At lunchtime in the cafeteria:
- I remain calm and seated.
- I request permission to leave the room.
- I clean up after myself.
- I follow instructions from the lunch monitors.
- I respect everyone.
In the playground I play without aggressive behaviour:
- I don’t hit, kick, trip or push others.
- I don’t throw rocks, snow or ice at any time.
- I know that play fighting is not playing and not permitted.
- I play only in the proper areas.
- I line up as soon as the bell rings.
During fire drills:
- I have my shoes on.
- I line up quickly and quietly in single file.
- I listen to instructions.